VFW Post 3088 is Proud to participate in the parade and festivities in Jacksonport on Memorial Day.
From its inception, the Buddy Poppy Program has helped the VFW live up to its motto, "to honor the dead by helping the living." The Buddy Poppy - small red flower symbolic of the blood shed in World War I by millions of Allied soldiers in defense of freedom - was originally sold to provide relief for the people of wardevastated France. Later, its sale directly benefited thousands of disabled and down-and-out American veterans.
Coming home doesn't mean the battle is over. With over 10 times the amount of veterans lost to suicide than to combat operations in the same time period, there has never been a more important time to TAKE A STAND and DO something to support our veterans!! If you or someone you know is suffering from PTSD, we have people that have shared a similar experience and are ready to help.
As yesterday's defenders of freedom, we want to welcome today's military service members into our ranks to become part of our elite group.
- Post 3088 is having a fund raiser for the Old Glory Honor Flight at the OldBolts Car Show at Sturgeon Bay's Harvest Fest on Saturday September 16th. We will be selling ballots for $2 each so participants and spectators can vote for the car of their choice to win the Old Glory Honor Flight Peoples Choice Award.
- We will also have a drawing to win a bucket full of Milwaukee Tools.
- On Friday the 15th we will be holding a "fill The Boot" type of donation at the car parade that starts at the fairgrounds at 5PM, instead of the boot being a firemans boot it will be a combat boot. all proceeds will go to the Honor Flight
- Post 3088 will also be the honor guard for the flag raising at this years car show
- Anyone that wants to help with this event please call Chum Nault 920-495-4460
- We have resumed regular meetings the second Thursday of each month at 6PM
...we want to welcome today's military service members into our ranks to become part of our elite group.
WWII, Korean War, Vietnam War, Persian Gulf War, Kosovo, War in Afghanistan, War in Iraq, War on Global Terror and other Peace-Keeping Expeditionary Campaigns throughout the globe.
You were not alone over there. You are not alone now. There are 20
million veterans who would give their lives for you. Please don't take
Patriotism consists not in waving the flag, but in striving that our country shall be righteous as well as strong.
A man's country is not a certain area of land, of mountains, rivers, and woods, but it is a principle and patriotism is loyalty to that principle.