VFW Post 3088 is Proud to participate in the parade and festivities in Jacksonport on Memorial Day.
From its inception, the Buddy Poppy Program has helped the VFW live up to its motto, "to honor the dead by helping the living." The Buddy Poppy - small red flower symbolic of the blood shed in World War I by millions of Allied soldiers in defense of freedom - was originally sold to provide relief for the people of wardevastated France. Later, its sale directly benefited thousands of disabled and down-and-out American veterans.
Coming home doesn't mean the battle is over. With over 10 times the amount of veterans lost to suicide than to combat operations in the same time period, there has never been a more important time to TAKE A STAND and DO something to support our veterans!! If you or someone you know is suffering from PTSD, we have people that have shared a similar experience and are ready to help.
As yesterday's defenders of freedom, we want to welcome today's military service members into our ranks to become part of our elite group.
- Post 3088 with help from other area veterans raised $5000 for the Old Glory Honor Flight during the Harvest Fest/ Old Blolts Car show. a big thank you to all those who helped
- Remember our meetings are the second Thursday of each month at 6PM all members are encouraged to attend and enjoy a nice meal with fellow veterans
- We are currently sending out letters to local businesses requesting their sponsorship of our website for 2024, Although the cost of the website is covered with only three sponsors we have found this to be a very good way to raise much needed funds for the post. Sponsorship is only ten dollars a month payable by the year for $120.
- Our Post Member Jacob Vanderplas, who leads the DC Farm for Vets has invited all veterans and their families to a Holiday Meal in the hall behing Schmitz Insurance, 7153 Hwy 42?57 on December 2nd. Meals will be served from 1 until 3 PM. Socialization from 3 until 5PM. Please jin us to support all veterans of our great nation. RSVP to email@example.com The meal is free for veterans a donation is requested of all non veterans to support the mission.
- The Post Christmas party will be held Thursday December 17th at the Lodge at Leathem Smith for all members and their guests. anyone that helped with the poppy drive will also be invited. Happy Hour at 5 Dinner at 6
- The Werkheiser family will again be hosting a Christmas Day Meal for all Veterans and their immidiate families from 12 to 2PM at the post clubhouse, 744 Delaware St RSVP by December 20th to 920-304-6058 or 920-304-6188
...we want to welcome today's military service members into our ranks to become part of our elite group.
WWII, Korean War, Vietnam War, Persian Gulf War, Kosovo, War in Afghanistan, War in Iraq, War on Global Terror and other Peace-Keeping Expeditionary Campaigns throughout the globe.
That from these honored dead we take increased devotion to that cause for which they gave the last full measure of devotion—that we here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain—that this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom—and that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth. - President Abraham Lincoln
Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. - John 15:13
The willingness of America's veterans to sacrifice for our country has earned them our lasting gratitude.
Claim Shark companies have made statements that they aren't breaking the law because they don't charge fees for "preparing" veterans' claims. Claim...